Wheat Beer is known for it’s gentle and soft touch, which makes it a perfect pair for Indian dishes. Indian food is popular for its bold spicy and chilly taste that will often leave your mouth, and the entire gut system, on fire. Wheat beers can actually tame this intensity of heat, which will make your meal not only enjoyable, but also full with flavor!
That is why we have taken the Chicken Biryani dish and paired it with a great Wheat Beer. The recipe below will allow you to recreate this dish at home, and enjoy this pairing yourself!
What is Chicken Biryani? Biryani is spicy fried rice, with meat(chicken and beef), vegetables and spices.
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 25g butter
- 1 large onion
- Stripped chicken breast pieces
- Spices: cardamom, turmeric, ginger, garlic
- Curry paste
- Vegetables: coriander and bay leafs
- 100g raisins and 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- Soak rice in warm water for 30minutes
- Heat the butter in a cooking pan and pour sliced onion. Allow the onion to cook until golden brown.
- Add bay leaves and all the spices and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and curry paste and leave to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock and leave to boil.
- Rinse the rinse the rice with cold water and pour into the cooking pan.
- Cover the pan with a tight lid and leave it to boil on high temperature for 5 minutes and then reduce the heat every five minutes until ready.
- Sprinkle the almonds and raisins on the food for a sweet taste.